Eric Benisek is an Intellectual Property attorney representing clients in a wide range of matters, including litigation, dispute resolution and corporate counseling. Eric has extensive experience advising technology companies, from venture-backed start-ups to large publicly traded technology corporations, regarding their intellectual property challenges. His practice includes:
- Prosecuting and defending complex patent, copyright and trademark infringement, trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition claims;
- Commercialization, protection and sale of intellectual property in a variety of business transactions, including licensing, joint ventures, distribution, commercial agreements and mergers and acquisitions;
- Corporate counseling, including new entity formation, organization, corporate governance and venture capital and angel financings.
Prior to founding Vasquez Benisek & Lindgren LLP, Eric worked for Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, P.C. and Morgan Miller Blair. He earned his B.A. from the University of California, Davis and his J.D. magna cum laude from the University of San Francisco, School of Law, where he was the Executive Editor of the USF Law Review and received the Edward J. McFetridge Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy. He was named one of Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars” in both 2009 and 2010 for Intellectual Property Litigation.
Eric is admitted to the California Supreme Court, the United States District Court for All California Districts, the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, Tenth Circuit and Federal Circuit, the United States District Court for the District of Delaware and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Representative matters include:
- SpiralEdge v. SeaWorld (representing plaintiff in trademark infringement litigation in the Federal district court for the Southern District of California)
- SMC Networks v. Hitron Technology Corp. (representing plaintiff in trade secret misappropriation litigation in the Federal district court for the Central District of California)
- Nonend v. Spotfiy (representing inventor as plaintiff in patent litigation in the Federal district court for the District of Delaware over streaming data distribution)
- Lineage Corp. v. SynQor (represented plaintiff in patent litigation in Federal district court for the Eastern District of Texas over dc-dc power converter technology)
- Triangle Software v. Westwood One (represented defendant in patent infringement litigation over traffic monitoring software)
- Network-1 v. Enterasys (represented defendant in patent litigation in Federal district court for the Eastern District of Texas over power-over-Ethernet technology)
- CSIRO v. 3Com, D-Link, Accton and SMC (represented defendant group in patent infringement brought by the Australian government in Federal district court for the Eastern District of Texas over WLAN technology)
Representative Technology Clients:
- GE Energy
- Enterasys Networks, Inc.
- Accton Technology Corporation
- SMC Networks, Inc.
- Hewlett Packard
- 3Com Corporation
- LG-Ericsson USA, Inc.
Outside Counsel for the Following Start-up Clients
- Karma Science, Inc. (sold to Facebook, May 2012)
- iLab Solutions, LLC
- Revel Systems, Inc.
- Volume11 Media, Inc.
- The Hit Forge, LP
- Evolve VC Fund, LP
- MoonDrop Entertainment, LLC
- Mercantila, Inc.